Not Important - My Farewell!

Hello. Not many of you will know me (I will name my others chars in a moment), but to preface what I'm about to say, yep. I am quitting Achaea, for a long while. Why do I feel it necessary to make this post? Well, as for those of you who know the characters I'm about to name, I can be quite the egotistical guy, and secondly, because of that, I've no doubt offended and/or irritated a number of people. 

My characters: Cralem, Pein, Gozu, Garao, Daeven, Aeolithon, Jovolo, Schifer, and of course, Agravain. (To name a few). 

Where to begin? The beginning, stupid. I started playing Achaea when I was twelve years old (gasp! I know. I lied, terms and conditions, I lied), around six years ago, and over time I fell so far deep into the game that I struggled with the fact that it was just, in fact, only a game, and I took it far, far too seriously. Namely, combat. Slowly, I fell further and further away from the thing that actually got me interested in the game in the first place, which is the roleplay. It got so bad that I found it impossible to separate my ooc self from the characters I played, and it really hampered on the fun I had (This is not to say that combat isn't fun, it's the only thing that kept me playing for the past two years). However, now, Achaea brings me nothing but frustration; Thanks to the ever-increasing mentality "Why figure it out yourself? Haha! We can just have everything given to us and never learn to stand on our two feet!". I am of course talking about combat. I've had enough of what the game has become - for me -, and it's no longer the Achaea I enjoy. 

To you all, for thinking that I am better than you, despite it being untrue - in most cases. Also, this is just a random list of names off the top of my head of who this may be applicable to and some of you will see this as coming from nowhere. However, I'm sure there are more.

@Carmain - For always being irreparably better than me. Allah damn you, man, Allah damn you. (I'm also sorry for being a dirty heretic racist.)

@Vaehl - Thanks for being a friend through the years.

I expect many a person to skim over this, and very few to reply. That's okay. I didn't give much to the game (sadly), and I won't be taking much away. 

With my system deleted, mudlet uninstalled, and my apologies made. I guess that just leaves one thing.

Bye!

Comments

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Welp, have a good life. Dunno why I'm on that list, haha
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Mojushai needs moar combat monks
  • XerXer Langley
    Mhaldor for life obvs (for the alt). Also, you helped me out tons when I was first starting out D: I'll definitely never forget that haha. YOU'LL BE BACK DAMMIT
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    What a noob

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Be well, yo! You'll be missed.
  • edited May 2013
    Why is he quitting?

I don't understand what he means by
    Agravain said:
    However, now, Achaea brings me nothing but frustration; Thanks to the ever-increasing mentality "Why figure it out yourself? Haha! We can just have everything given to us and never learn to stand on our two feet!". I am of course talking about combat. I've had enough of what the game has become - for me -, and it's no longer the Achaea I enjoy. 
    There is nothing wrong with getting free combat tips even if you want to figure it out yourself and someone spoon feeds you the combat information. Heck I would be happy if that ever happened.
  • Oh I see. I just read the news announcement about the wiki thing. I guess thats why he quit. Sorry for asking I understand everything now.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    @Agravain: Yup, it's your choice. Have fun with life. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Dude.

I have always said that, in a 'hard-RP' game that allows alts, one of the hallmarks of a great roleplayer is that I can interact with the player in a number of different skins and never realise it's the same person. I can say, hand on heart, that having come across a number of the characters you've listed, I would never have guessed their strings were being pulled by the same puppeteer.

Fair winds. I once left for 10 years and came back to a totally different game that I really enjoy. I hope things work out for you and that if you ever come back you'll find a world to love again.

TL;DR - Kudos.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • feelin dat mizshura hate :(
  • Too bad. Have a lot of fun. :)
  • Take care Garao, you will be missed.

• I have like four differing opinions of the exact same guy. You gave me schizophrenia. What Goggo said too. Plus remember that time you won all of the Blufest? That was cool.

• edited May 2013
    Bye Steven

eta: :(

• Having known several of those characters and knowing you were the person behind them also for the times you infuriated me completely, if I said I wasn't going to miss you. I'd be lying.

I like to think we had a bit of a love/hate thing going on. Sometimes I loved that you were helpful and that we could always have 
    a laugh but other times you annoyed me beyond more than I thought was possible. We always made friends in the end and
    we've been through this and that. I hope you find your fun or enjoyment elsewhere!

Elaina x

• SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    He'll be back when he's ready. :)
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• edited May 2013
    Agravain said:Now, the apologies. @Rakon.

To you all, for thinking that I am better than you, despite it being untrue - in most cases.

Jarrel-smalljpg

• edited May 2013
    I see what you did there...

Jarrel-smalljpg

• edited May 2013
    :( But Zinka owes Agravain a death for teaming her on clouds near Azdun.. and she needs all her txtp to get to dragon...

^ I suppose we could all use a little break once in a while O:-) Have fun.
  • Be Well. You will be missed.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Sad to see you go dude.

I did tend to roll my eyes at a lot of what you said here, but a forum is only productive if there're differing points of view.
    As far as anything in-game is concerned, the jibes about how crap I am were all taken in good humour :)

All the best.
  • Jovolo said:
    lol jk

Stuck in quote. Come play more!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Lol. No one ever really leaves. Im not active enough to have ever really interacted with you, butI'll miss your forum posts.  Be well.

This discussion has been closed.