Ask your Producer: April 2013

1235»

Comments

• 1) Will City/House commands ever be looked at for Leaders? Like ranks being bestowable and such?

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Are there any sources in fiction or otherwise that you're influenced by in developing this game? eg. Tolkien, Indiana Jones, Batman.

This one is subjective, but I feel that there's a lack of meaningful competitive, group-scale, organisation-focused activities in the game. Due to their frequency, intended participants, consequences, or nature, Icons, shrines, ships, CTFs, arena and world games, and raids variously fail to fill this void. Would you agree? If so, do you have any plans for changes or additions in this area? Was this something you hoped the changes to city raids would address? We've heard for a while of intended changes to shrines - is this something those changes are planned to address?
    1) No one in particular, Achaea has a pretty deep history in itself though, so there's a huge amount that we can draw on. Also, Batman, always Batman.
    2) That is something that can always be improved! It's just striking the right balance of immersion in the game as a whole, rather than having a slew of thinly-veiled minigames. The update to the shrines system will hopefully add a little more cohesion. We trialled a couple of the concepts during the Bal'met event with mixed results, so there's still a fair few things that need to be resolved before we feel that's a system that's ready for release.
    Mannimar said:
    If @Penwize continues to hunt at the average rate that he does... how long will it take him to reach level 200 and break Achaea again?

EDIT: I am genuinely curious...
    He won't break Achaea again until about level 60000 -_-

At that rate, well, let's just say his great grandchildren may be carrying on his legacy at that point.
    Kyriella said:
    Any idea when hiring may open for new guides again?
    It's not anything that's on a schedule, just when we feel our guide pool needs some more people in it to provide coverage for most/all of the day.
    Ravien said:
    1) Will City/House commands ever be looked at for Leaders? Like ranks being bestowable and such?
    Feel free to file an IDEA, Dais thread, or a Leaders thread, and we'll take a look.
    Just a quick note, I'll be closing this thread at the Serenade (in about 2 hours), so get any final questions in before then!
  • What is the process for the implementation of new classes and where, and why, do the ideas and planning originate, and finally, is any part of this open for player involvement in any capacity?

And the same question, but instead for Houses. 

• One of the things I am looking most forward to is the city novice system. Any ETA on that? 
  • Oh, in addition, any updates as to the novice introduction trial? And to echo what Tekk said, the city novicehood system?
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Tecton said:
    Mannimar said:
    If @Penwize continues to hunt at the average rate that he does... how long will it take him to reach level 200 and break Achaea again?

EDIT: I am genuinely curious...
    He won't break Achaea again until about level 60000 -_-

At that rate, well, let's just say his great grandchildren may be carrying on his legacy at that point.
    My guess would be 65535 (C unsigned short/unsigned int max)?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Two classlead rounds ago, there were some ideas approved for investigation that do not fall into any classes, such as a tailoring idea I submitted. Any idea on when these may get looked at?

If you could pick one thing to change about Achaea, its players/gods, or how things work, what would it be and why?

Assuming this IronCon is a success, what would the chances be of having the next on the east coast of the US?

Everyone reading this thread is likely looking for juicy tidbits of information for the future to gossip and look forward to - anything you'd like to say/drop on us as a tease for future changes/events/etc?
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Other IRE games, Aetolia in particular, have basic in-game auto-curing systems. Will this ever be implemented in Achaea?
  • Is the massive variability on rapier jab intentional?I can hit anywhere between 1.6 to 2.2, and I remember my dsl balance being really unpredictable, too. If not, should this be bugged?

i'm a rebel

• Any plans to update the Shop of Wonders in the near future?
  • Any plans to open up the mortal builder program again?  Would love to see some new areas open up, and that always seemed like a great way to get them done.
    Agravain said:
    What is the process for the implementation of new classes and where, and why, do the ideas and planning originate, and finally, is any part of this open for player involvement in any capacity?

And the same question, but instead for Houses. 

HELP CLASSDESIGN in-game is a good reference!
    Agravain said:
    Oh, in addition, any updates as to the novice introduction trial? And to echo what Tekk said, the city novicehood system?
    They're both in the design phase at the moment!
    Melodie said:
    Two classlead rounds ago, there were some ideas approved for investigation that do not fall into any classes, such as a tailoring idea I submitted. Any idea on when these may get looked at? If you could pick one thing to change about Achaea, its players/gods, or how things work, what would it be and why? Assuming this IronCon is a success, what would the chances be of having the next on the east coast of the US? Everyone reading this thread is likely looking for juicy tidbits of information for the future to gossip and look forward to - anything you'd like to say/drop on us as a tease for future changes/events/etc?
    1) Hopefully at the end of this currently classlead evaluation block!
    2) Change one thing? I'd say more dedicated man(or woman)power so we could get everything we wanted done out there for you guys to enjoy!
    3) Not sure what the chances are at this point. It's an IRE-wide event, so it's a decision that doesn't fall solely on my shoulders to make.
    4) You'll have to wait and see!
    Other IRE games, Aetolia in particular, have basic in-game auto-curing systems. Will this ever be implemented in Achaea?
    We've got something in the works to address this issue.
    Tesha said:
    Is the massive variability on rapier jab intentional?I can hit anywhere between 1.6 to 2.2, and I remember my dsl balance being really unpredictable, too. If not, should this be bugged?
    That's more a problem with client-side latency (either the network link between you and the server, computer load, or client load). There's no variable aspect in weapon attacks, they're always the same balance recovery.

Sultani said:
    Any plans to update the Shop of Wonders in the near future?
    Yep, will probably be in conjunction with our next crown sale.
    Penwize said:
    Any plans to open up the mortal builder program again?  Would love to see some new areas open up, and that always seemed like a great way to get them done.
    The program is quite active, with mortal builders most recently helping with the building parts of Targossas. We don't have an estimate as to when we'll be opening up to new builders, simply because there isn't a massive push for a whole bunch of new areas at this time.
This discussion has been closed.