Hunting Times?

AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
edited April 2013 in North of Thera
Greetings! Well, I was wondering how long you Achaeans usually hunt for (edit: non-PvP, just clarifying)? I'm trying to hunt a bit more often nowadays - usually for an hour, but I'm quite interested in your input!

Comments

• Maybe I'll make a separate poll for that, lol.
  • I selected one hour or less, but..

does hunting other adventurers count?
  • Good question... as for that matter, no.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I hunt once probably every 2 RL weeks for about 10 minutes.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Nowadays I have to be in the mood to hunt and then I usually do so for an hour or two granted no one has picked my preferred hunting grounds clean or are trying to gank me. When I was going for dragon and then after when I was still delusional enough to think I could every catch Penwize(or anyone in the top 10 or so) I would hunt all the time.
  • When I was trying to get to 80 it was about two hours, I get bored after that. Since then, it's gone down a bit to between an hour and an hour and a half. Though, sometimes if I just have a little time I'll go on a shorter trip.
  • edited April 2013
    I also bashed in larger chunks (1-3 hours at a time, 0-2 times a day, probably 5-6 times a week on average) for my final push to 80. Having a large, immediate goal like that is good motivation. Otherwise, I usually clear one or two areas before I get bored, maybe 30-60 minutes at most.
  • I go through surges of wanting to hunt and wanting nothing to do with the act. Even when feeling up to it, I find it really hard to go on for more than an hour, if even that. Much as I'd love to one day hit dragon, it's a distant thing and'll likely never come!
  • I actually enjoy it and would probably do more if I had time to. Part of what I like is the exploration factor that goes along with it so when that inevitably runs out I may get more bored of it. 
  • edited April 2013
    When I get in the mood to hunt, it is usually a lot at once. I usually remain runed and blessed with a truefavour and borrow arties, then just keep going for a pretty long time. But I also do about 15-20 minutes at a time between crazy sprees.

(oops, I think the 15-20 minute trips are far more numerous than the 5+ hour trips!)

i'm a rebel

• If it was more engaging I would probably hunt longer.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    When I go hunting, I usually hunt continuously for a reason, either for gold or for corpses to raise shrines with. I can go up to 3 hours a time as a result.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• XerXer Langley
    Bashing spree to Dragon right now. Before, it would probably be a hour to two hours though
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Depending on what I am doing, I might spend an hour on UW/Annwyn, or spend 3-4 hours going between fave hunting spots and random areas.

I have a terrible habit of distracting myself. Like going to Meropis and remembering that I'm low on reagents, so I end up killing birds instead of hunting better stuff.

Ideally, it's whether two hours or 5-10% come first. Damn bashing to dragon with a full time job.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Depending on my mood.  If I wanna hunt, I won't stop until outside circumstances stop me from hunting (or I die again and give up in disgust)
  • Nowadays, an hour tops before I start going insane and need to do something else. I was going for 5 hours + on the 96 to 99 stretch though.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    30 minutes to an hour.  I hunt for a distinct purpose (need to raise a shrine, need to sanctify/defile a shrine or farm gold) and that's pretty much it.  If I was negative essence to a patron I'd hunt and offer to at least even.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Depending on my mood.  If I wanna hunt, I won't stop until outside circumstances stop me from hunting (or I die again and give up in disgust)
    Dying used to upset me so much when I was going for dragon, I usually have to take a break in frustration.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I will admit that I was pretty upset to lose an entire weekend of hunting's worth of experience while defending a sewer raid.

It just gives me something to make up when I hunt next weekend though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• XerXer Langley
    Lol, I go on raids against Ashtan and Targossas expecting to die without getting kills (which I inevitably do, being the propper D:) At least I get back more exp off duels <.< Actually, I went back up from 78 to 84 off duelling for the most part >.> A fair bit from raids and city destruction, but mostly duels haha. 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I used to hate dying, but my hatred for dying actually taught me the best possible ways to bash.  Then, I learned that dying was pretty recoverable and only a minor setback, and I made pretty liberal use of death to learn how to take on certain things.  I used to die constantly in the LHG before I finally got all the little nuances of staying alive in there, now I barely do.

As for how much I hunt?  I hunt most of the time that I'm online, and do as many things as I can via channels or tells.  Unless I'm hunting down people for contracts, raiding, teaching, testing, or whatever else, I'm hunting.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Nowadays I am lucky if I can put in ten minutes before the arrows start firing  :P  But thats an excuse really, I've never been able of hunting for more than half hour at the most. It gets incredibly tiresome incredibly fast.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Getting to dragon took 5+ hours of hunting a day. Now I really don't care. :3
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• Until Xli transed fitness, endurance would run out in about 2 hours. Now, it's runes!
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • I used to hate bashing... but I hated having to eat and sleep even more. That said... I only recently learned that you could increase Willpower by meditating, so I may have longer sprees from now on.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I either bash for 3 weeks straight, no eat no sleep, or not at all. Middle ground and schedules and organisation is for wimps, pansies and people with lives.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • When I hunt, I hunt down to 50% willpower, usually. I get at least 5-6% (at level 90 as a BM without much fitness/no endurance ring). Trying to make at least one round a day, some days I feel like hunting non-stop for hours, others I'm good just sitting around, lol.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • I only hunt for one hour or less a time when I end up hunting. It takes away from my time spent catching things!
  • I live at my hunting ground. I spend more time there than anywhere productive.